Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Surprise Inside Cake - Hidden Acorns and Oak Leaves

Hope you are enjoying the wonderful fall weather where ever you are! Fall and Spring hold a special place in my heart. Spring maybe more so because the leaves aren't dropping like flies. But the acorns are SO cute. Hard to pick a favorite.
This is the cake that the 2 ingredient chocolate candy acorns were used for.

The colors did NOT turn out like I'd hoped so I thought you might like see them in black and white.

Here's the original. I like the no color version best for now. Agree? Someday I'll have a do over. Just not this fall.

Happy Caking!


Rosalyn James said...

How do you get the design in the middle of the cake

Deborah Stauch said...

Hi Rosalyn,

There are several ways to accomplish this but I didn't prepare a tutorial for this one as I am working on a book. There are lots of suprise inside or twice baked cake tutorials and videos online. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.