Saturday, May 28, 2011

Star Wars Cookies

I made these for my nephew last year for his birthday.
He blushed. Or maybe he was just embarrassed from the surprise ambush at the restaurant. I think he liked them since he immediately posted them to his Facebook page. While we were still having dinner. Kids these days. What are you gonna do?
star-wars-cookies-yoda-storm-trooper-darth-vader-boba-fett

Both he and my son were huge fans when they were little. And still are. They can't help it. Great series of movies. I still can't resist buying them lightsabers at Christmas. Did I mention that they're in their 30's now? I HAD TO make these after my daughter spied the set of cutters while we were window shopping at Williams Sonoma.

I shared some of the practice cookies with our 4 year old neighbor boy. He loved the colors of Boba Fett but right before he took a bite, he turned to his mom and asked, "Is it okay? Is Boba Fett a good guy or a bad guy?" They decided after a minor bit of discussion that it was fine to bite Boba's head off. My favorite was Yoda. Maybe it was due to his chocolate mini m&m eyes. Very soulful. And tasty!


May the force be with you!

4 comments:

Erica said...

Any helpful tips on how to make the cookies? I have the cutters and my son's graduation party is Star Wars themed. I like the way yours look much more than others I have seen.

Deborah Stauch said...

Thanks Erica! I used rolled fondant and then stamped the fondant with the cutters. Boba Fett was a bit of work but the others go very quickly. Good luck!

Erica said...

Thank you for responding. Did you frost the cookies under the fondant? Is Boba Fett all fondant also, or icing? Thank you for your help.

Deborah Stauch said...

The cookies are frosted under the fondant. It's been a long time ago but I think the turquoise part of Boba Fett was fondant with the other colors piped in RI. Stamping the fondant gives you a great guide to frost by. You could probably do the same thing with rolled buttercream or crusted buttercream if you just press lightly. Happy Caking! Or in this case, Happy Cookie-ing! May the frosting be with you!